Saturday, December 31, 2011

2012 Plans

Happy 2012!

So many good things happened in 2011. I can't wait to see what 2012 holds!

Our wedding picture from 2010

Family: My husband and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary. We are so happy and in love. Every day gets better. He is my quilty husband and my perfect match. We really got a foothold in our life together this year. After taking a huge risk in 2010 and moving to Sacramento, CA to find work, we both landed good jobs with the state of CA. We saved enough money to put a down payment on a home. We just started looking and know that in 2012 we will be buying our home. We have a handle on our finances and some lofty financial goals in 2012 (pay off his car, reduce our debt, and explore options for starting our own business). Hopefully this year we may be adding to our happy family.

Self Improvement: I went back to school this year. I took an Accounting class to be eligible for a promotion at work. I got an A! It was so fun that I'll be taking another class this semester. Small Business/Entrepreneurship. I'm very excited.

Home cooking, yum!

I also want to get more fit. Since I stopped eating gluten I have more control over my health. I have more energy. Now I'm ready to get in shape and reconnect with my body. My focus in 2012 will be on organic, whole foods and a more active lifestyle.

Fire dancing in Maui, 2010

I would also like to get back to fire dancing. It's been a long time since I picked up my fire poi and I really want to learn some new tricks.  It's also a fabulous arm toner!

Work: I am ready for a promotion! Right now I'm a secretary. I want to take on more responsibility and receive higher pay. I've put a few applications out and hope that soon someone sees my potential and wants to hire me! My husband has a job interview next week for a promotional position that is closer to where we want to live (in the country, about an hour from Sacramento). Cross your fingers for him :)


We also want to open our own business. This is very important to us and this year we will be gearing up for it. No set goals, but we will be concentrating on research, business plans, and maybe starting a website. Basically, laying the groundwork :)


Quilting: Now the fun stuff! I want to continue improving my FMQ. I want to make harder quilts. I want to make some smaller projects. I want to try some modern design quilts. I want to do some more handwork. I feel like I've been exploring and trying to find my style. I want to get better at finishing my projects and more importantly, starting new ones. I also want to make some gift quilts. I want to enter a quilt into the State Fair and the County fair.

2012 is going to be a great year! Bring it on :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow you have so much to look forward to in 2012. Good luck on all your endeavors. And Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me know you were here! Comments mean so much to me. Have a fantastic day!