Thank you for all your advice on Borders last week! The general consensus was that the red border looked just fine. There were some other good ideas, including adding a thin green border. But I think I agree with Vivian, who pointed out the border looked too thick. I decided a scallop border would make it thinnner and set the quilt off nicely. That adds some pizazz and class to the border too!
I finished adding the red border and will draw the scallops after it's quilted. I haven't decided on a quilting design for the borders yet :)
I've been a busy bee this week! I basted three quilts. One is a quilt I promised to quilt for the local Guild. I ghetto-basted them. That means I did it on my living room floor. On a big piece of cardboard. In large sections. All the while dreaming of a large tile or wood floor. Ahh...the dreams of a poor quilter *snicker*
I also started quilting! My quilting plan is: No Plan! I am quilting by the seat of my pants and trying not to overthink it. It's going to be organic and flowy and I want to use a few different threads. Whatever strikes my fancy! I hope this will cure me of my compulsive use of quilting templates and make me trust my own quilting skills.
I like it so far! I used green thread for the top. I chose blue for the back because it matches the backing fabric (an old, I mean, vintage sheet) and because I picked up a huge cone at a quilting rummage sale. Gotta use it somewhere :)
I'm linking with up other UFO Busters at Susan's blog. Come check out what we've been doing!