Thursday, December 9, 2010

Friday Night Sew In Results

How fun! I had another fabulous Friday Night Sew In! This time, my husband joined me! Well, kind of. He sat in my sewing room as I sewed and he played computer games. Ahh...my perfect Friday Night!

I'm not doing any homemade Christmas gifts this year. Instead, I thought I would work on getting closer to finishing some of my UFO's. It seems like I'm full-steam ahead on patchwork but once I hit borders, basting and quilting, I run into a snail trail. Stuck in my own path. I put it away and forget all about it. So I've decided that this month I'm going to concentrate on my 2 B's. Borders and Backings. I hate Borders and I hate Backings. Whenever I get to Borders and Backings I somehow convienantly forget about my work-in-progress.



So I pieced together the backing for my Bliss quilt. I had got this really soft, thin blanket from somewhere that I really wanted to use. Only problem, of course, was that it was too small. Maybe I should start making quilts that fit my backings. Hmm...there's an idea.



So I used my leftover Bliss squares and some pieced triangle scraps to make my back bigger. I might cut it again to make the Bliss run down the middle. RIght now I'm feeling a bit lazy. Maybe if I put it away for a few weeks, I'll find the motivation.

Wait, that's how I got into this situation in the first place!

I also put a border on my second Love Quilt. This is the one we are keeping here in the house. It's a good copy of the one we got married in front of:



That's all I did. I chatted with my husband, drank some wine, snacked on chocolate and lazily pieced. Like I said, a perfect Friday Night!

3 comments:

  1. I can't think of a better way to sew than with hubby in the same room.....looks like you got alot done as well..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stopping in from FNSI. Great job with your borders and backs....they can't be frustrating! Sounds like you had a very enjoyable and relaxing Friday night. Those are the best!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Bliss quilt....just beautiful! What a fun night indeed! I'll join you this Friday, this past Friday I spent with my hubby as well - but not in my sewing room :)

    I can't see your Love quilt - don't know why the image isn't showing up?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me know you were here! Comments mean so much to me. Have a fantastic day!