Sunday, December 26, 2010

Better than Santa...

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! I know we did! The first Christmas I got to spend with my family in 5 years. We had a Christmas weekend full of delicious food, loving family, relaxing, teasing, having fun and even a little bit of cheap wine! Delicious! The only hand-made gift I made this year I forgot to take a picture of. I know, I know. I made my mom an XL hot pad from the tutorial by Vickie of Sugar Spun Quilts. I was lucky enough to win her giveaway for a kit and threw it together one day while watching Christmas movies with my husband. It's super easy and useful too.

Speaking of giveaways...



Look what else I won! No, Santa didn't bring me this stocking! I won this from Diane at Quilting is Blissful! I won a stocking just stuffed full of fun stuff! Some of my favorites are a snowman broach that I wore for Christmas, a fun Christmas stitching pillow pattern, some super-cute snowman ornaments, yummy hot cocoa mix (that I already drank!), a snowman tea towel and some darling snowmen baking cups. And that was only my favorites! There was a ton more fun stuff to unwrap. Watch out Santa, you have some competetition! Thank you, Diane!

And if you are reading, Thearica, you will see your lacy table covering I won from your blog still in use. I've already posted about this and thanked you, but I still want to point out that we love that table covering. It hasn't left our table since we recieved it!



Have you checked out the giveaway at Retro Mummy? Up for grabs are 2 fat quarter packs of the lot.....that is 20 fat quarters of the gorgeous Flower Sugar range from Lecien as featured in this lovely picture. (yes, I copy and pasted that) I'm crossing my fingers! Imagine what you could make with those babies!


I have some quilt blocks to share with you, but I think I'll put that in my next post. I've also made a list of UFO's I want to complete in 2011. But that will come later too! Until then, quilt on!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great Christmas!
    The snow man things you won look wonderful - congratulations!
    Have a wonderful New Year!!♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me know you were here! Comments mean so much to me. Have a fantastic day!