Tuesday, January 18, 2011

What I did this Weekend

Three day week-end. House is clean. Weekend cooking is done. A million sewing projects to do. Where do I start?



With a nice long nap! I curled up with my Johnny Cat and was out like a light! Right after breakfast Sunday morning (French Toast, yummy).



Then my other kitty, Azrael had to join the party. Ever notice how hard it is to wake up when you're all cuddled up with a kitty? Sunday was mostly a bust, since I napped half the day away and then felt like my sewing room was closing in on me. So instead of sewing I picked up my sewing table. I know, right?! What was I thinking? Don't worry, I didn't get all crazy and pick up the whole room!

Monday was supposed to be my Grand Ole Sewing Day. It turned into ennui. I felt listless and restless and moped around the house. "I'm bored. There's nothing to sew." It took me about an hour and a half to sew one seam about 3 yards long (for a backing). I think I'm getting cabin fever from being stuck in the house so many weekends in a row.



I call my theory Backlash. You go without a house for awhile. Without a sewing room. Then, when you get one, all you want to do is sit in your house, and never leave your sewing room. It's like wandering the desert and finally finding water. You over-do it.

Yup, we are finally getting bored of staying in our house.

Just in time though. Next weekend we are taking a day trip to San Fransico to celebrate my birthday. We won't be doing the usual tourist thing though. I've been to San Fransico a few times and have done all that. We will visit China Town and eat crab and drink beer and wine and eat sushi and maybe stroll along Pier 39, but mostly we are going to Fabric Stores!! YAY!



Because it's my birthday, and I get to pick what we are doing! YAY!

It's my husband's first trip to the city and poor guy will be dragged through every fabric store I can find. *evil laugh*

So if you know of any good stores, let me know! I'm already doing my research and making a list!

PS~The kitties don't know yet. I don't have the heart to break it to them. They love having me home all weekend and hardly leave my side. Poor babies.

3 comments:

  1. You must have needed that rest big time! (probably more than the kitties)
    Enjoy your trip. Tell the husband to take lots of money and a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a purrrfect weekend to me! :) And how fun the day trip sounds! Happy Early Birthday and can't wait to see what treasures you find in the city!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA, Johnny cat put you into a nap zone. That's what my kids call it. When a cat is near you and you lay down, just for a minute and fall fast asleep, you, my friend, have fallen victim to a nap zone!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me know you were here! Comments mean so much to me. Have a fantastic day!