Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I'm so glad I live in BlogLand!

Look at all the fun we have here!

Have you checked out SewCalGal's Christmas Quilt Show? Christmas is my absolute favorite time of the year and just seeing these fabulous quilts parade through BlogLand gets me so excited! I don't yet have my own Christmas quilt, so I won't be posting. But you can still participate by commenting on the show!



Then there's the Mistletoe Make and Bake 2010.


A fun blog hop of designer projects that includes...cookie and candy recipes!! It's like my perfect Friday night...free patterns, giveaways, and cookies!! I'm not sure who the main organizer is, but I follow Spun Sugar Quilts already (Check it out, Vickie is an amazing designer!). Vickie posts links whenever there's a new post, and I just follow from there. I think I'm going to gain 10 pounds on this blog hop!

Speaking of a perfect Friday Night...It's that time of the month! Friday Night Sew In!



This will be my first Friday Night Sew-in. In the past I've been envious of those Friday Night Sewers, all comfortably in their pajamas, sewing away at home. While I always had to work a busy Friday Night at the restaurant. Not this time! On Thursday I plan to hopefully finish unpacking my sewing room and Friday Night to be busily sewing away! Woo-Hoo! If you want to join in the fun, just click on the Friday Night Sew-in button on the right hand side of my blog and you'll be taken to Handmade by Heidi to link up with us! I'm hoping to start my Layer Cake Quilt Along (see button bar on the right) blocks.



And some more BlogLand awesomeness: Beth from Love Laugh Quilt is hosting a Neighborhood Block Party. Her idea is for everyone to make a house block that represents your blog. Write your blog address somewhere on the house. Send it to her. Cross your fingers and hope you get back 9-12 blocks to make into a BlogLand Neighborhood Quilt. Isn't this the best idea ever? So symbolic of our little community.

So take off your jacket, kick back and stay awhile! There's plenty to do in BlogLand!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me know you were here! Comments mean so much to me. Have a fantastic day!