Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Thank you Leona!

Lookee what Leona sent me! She sent me a belated Birthday gift. How sweet! She sent me a Birthday card, a bookmark (for all my quilting books, I assume!), and this darling little Moda zip purse. I love it! Yes, there are already cards in my zip purse. It has actually replaced my usual purse. Thanks so much Leona!



I also received my newest shipment from Martingale Book Club. I got two books for free for switching my membership to their newly implemented book club. I like this program better because I now get 35% off all my purchases. If I buy 6 books in one year then my membership renews for free. I’ve already bought 3, so I don’t think that will be a problem!



I got 501 Quilting Motifs from Quiltmaker Magazine. This book rocks. It gives me great ideas and makes beautiful quilting seem to be in my reach! The hard part is picking one of the quilting patterns!



For my free book I chose Simple Seasons by Kim Diehl. This book blew me away. The projects are right up my alley: small pieces, traditional designs, clear instructions. I can't wait to crack open this book. I can't wait to throw some bright, modern fabrics in the mix!



I also received A Baker’s Dozen by Patchwork Place. I seem to find myself buying more and more pre-cuts lately, so the answer is more patterns that feature pre-cuts!

I was so exhausted the other night that I couldn't muster the energy to do anything. So I curled up on my couch, cuddled with my favorite quilt and my sweet kitty, and paged through these books. That's what life is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me know you were here! Comments mean so much to me. Have a fantastic day!